According to Goodreads, I read around 62 books this year. That's a little over one book per week - yet I still didn't get to all the amazing middle grade books in my to-be-read pile.
Reading books for this age group is inspirational and motivating as a middle grade writer, and I'll continue to feature my favorites on Mondays next year. Until then, here are a few 2012 middle grade titles I'm making it my resolution to read first in 2013:
1) The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls (August 2012): Can you even stand this cover art? I've heard great things about this book, but I'd probably pick it up based on the cover alone if I hadn't!
2) May B (January 2012): This one was featured by many MMGM bloggers this year - and I've never read a book in verse. Must rectify that!
3) Keeper of the Lost Cities (October 2012): Shannon, the founder of MMGM, is a hilarious blogger who I've followed since I started writing. Can't wait to read her debut.
4) The Templeton Twins Have an Idea (August 2012): I picked this one up at BEA and also adore the cover. Looks so fun and quirky.
5) Liar & Spy (August 2012): After reading When You Reach Me, I'll probably gobble up anything Rebecca Stead writes. Yes, it was that good :)
6) Chained (May 2012): The premise of this story is crazy interesting. Plus, if you follow Lynne on Twitter, you know that anything she writes is entertaining.
7) The Peculiar (September 2012): This is one of those stories that seems like a total escape. I first heard about it during BEA's Middle Grade Buzz Panel and was totally wowed that it was written by a teen. Way to rock it!
8) The Mighty Miss Malone (January 2012): Have I ever mentioned what a sucker I am for historical middle grade? Set during the Great Depression, this one looks particularly special.What are the 2012 YA or middle grade books you haven't gotten around to yet? Or better yet, what books are you most excited for in 2013?
Happy New Year, everyone!