Jennifer Eaton, a fantastic writer who gives great tips on the process. I really enjoy reading her blog, so it's an extra awesome surprise.
Here's what she had to say:
"Gina is an aspiring author who blogs about whatever comes to mind. She is very open, and I like her unassuming, “real” writing style. She is a new blogger… She’s only been around for about four months but she digs in like a pro."
The rules for The Versatile Blogger Award state that now I must tell you seven things about me, and pass the award on to more bloggers. This is going to be a long post, but here goes!
7 Things About Me
1. I started writing fiction in fourth grade - a series about four best friends in a Babysitter's Club format. I loved dreaming up stories about the characters and drumming up book ideas, but I never actually wrote more than a few chapters. The manuscript I'm writing now is the first one I've attempted since then!
2. The five countries I want to visit next are: Iceland, India, Japan, Morocco, Chile.
3. My Boston accent has faded over the years, but I grew up sounding like I belonged in a Ben Affleck film. I'll never be able to say the name "Mark" like you normal people, though. Or artichoke hearts.
4. I'm terrible at estimating things like height, distance, and square footage, doing push ups, telling which parent a baby resembles, admitting I'm wrong, and singing.
5. I'm terrific at cooking up a feast, giving gifts, appreciating life's little things, being goofy, reading for hours, and keeping secrets.
6. I've been a vegetarian since 1997. My current favorite food that I'll order at any restaurant is Brussels sprouts (YUM). And I'll never like raw onions.
7. My great-grandmother was a witch. The polite term might be fortune teller, but we keep it real in my family. Luckily she immigrated to Massachusetts from Italy long after the Salem Witch Trials.
I'm pretty sure that most of the blogs in my Google Reader have received this award (what can I say, I have great taste!), so I'm going to do a little homework before granting it forward. Happy Sunday folks!