I never worked in retail, but remember how quickly the list of annoying offenses by people dining out in the North End of Boston grew back when I was a waitress.
A few high(low?)lights:
- -Nicholas Sparks is not a good writer … if you like him, fine, but facts are facts.
- -We greatly dislike the phrase “Quick question.” It’s never true. And everyone seems to have one.
- - Your summer reading list was our summer reading NIGHTMARE. Also, it’s called summer reading, not three days before school starts reading.
- - Most of the time when you returned books you read them already — and we were onto you.
- - “I was just here last week and saw this book there” meant nothing to us. The store changed once a week.