Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tag, I'm It!

You know what's easier than writing a bio page? Answering questions! I got tagged to answer eleven of them by Gwen over at Run Gwen, Run! Here goes:

1. What is your secret weapon of choice?
Hot sauce. Specifically, chili garlic sauce in a rooster bottle.

2. If you could sit down for coffee with any historical figure, who would it be?
Cleopatra. Totally Cleopatra. We get a translator, right?

3. Any "famous" figures in your ancestry? Who, and what did they do?
This totally counts! My mom's good friend dated Bobby Brown when he was in New Edition - and he sings her name (which is Jackie) in the song Don't Be Cruel. There is't a more bad ass song to be called out in than Don't Be Cruel...

4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Where wouldn't it be? Honestly, the list is bigger than Santa's naughty/nice list. New Zealand has been at the top of awhile now, though.

5. What was the #1 song the day you were born?
Michael Jackson - Rock With You. Highly appropriate that it's a dance song. I have and will continue to dance until day, sunlight.

6. What is your favorite genre to read and why?
Oh, yikes! I'll really read anything. Lately I've been devouring sci-fi and contemporary middle grade, but that seems so limiting.

7. Who is your favorite literary character and why?
I'll answer this question even though it's totally unfair. Lyra Belacqua from The Golden Compass is fantastic.

8. Besides reading and writing, what is your favorite pastime or hobby?
Travel and yoga. I also love to cook.

9. If you could switch places with one person for 24 hours, who would it be? Why?
Definitely my partner in crime, The Scientist. Only not on Tuesdays, when he wakes up at 5am to go to lab.

10. What is the area you live in most famous for?
The Harlem Rennaissance

And last, but not least...

11. What are the top 5 programs you watch on television?
Oh, I love me some trashy TV. Unfortunately, I don't have cable. Or a television. I just watch shows on Hulu and Netflix. Right now I'm really digging Homeland, Breaking Bad, Parks & Recreation, 30 Rock, and whatever Real Housewives are airing.


Wikimedia Commons
 My all time favorite will always be Arrested Development and Wheel of Fortune. Over to you, Pat.

And also over to you, pals! Answer any or all of these questions in the comments. Tag - you're it!

7 comments:

  1. ANYTHING is better than writing a bio page - LOL

    I'll answer one - my favorite genre to read is literary fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate writing bios too.

    I'm a Hulu/Netflix watcher too. Breaking Bad is really good! I'm still working my way through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, these types of things are so fun to read. I love hearing the more personal things about bloggers. And what you shared here is way more fun than a bio page anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lyra, such a wonderful character!!

    Nice to meet you! Fellow Campaigner and new follower here! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite genre to read? Jane Austen. Not a genre? I don't care, I won't change my answer.

    Glad I found your blog. You're a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your answers, Gina! Especially your secret weapon - I do love me some spicey stuff. I haven't read The Golden Compass - I will have to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this. I'm stopping by from the Platform Campaign. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete